27.8.06

up till late (early)

I'm up at 4am on a Sunday morning coz I just finished reading The Devil Wears Prada. Not that it was a can't-put-it-down read - it really isn't - but my mind was drifting in and out the lines.

I read a self-help kind of book which advertised itself being one of the books that helped Bill Clinton figure out the meaning of his life when he just graduated from uni. Then I did a series of exercises and somehow figured out that my top 3 priorities (I couldn't come up with anything else, as a matter of fact) are 'family', 'travelling' and 'creative activities'. But now I know all of them together are not enough to constitute a happy and healthy life. Greedy, huh? I found myself finding all ways possible to not be present at the office. One thing I can identify with the Prada Devil book is that it is absolutely insane to give up your life for work.

I've taken up another self-help book SUMO (Shut Up, Move On) again and hopefully will find something useful. (Yes I'm looking for itemised and rhyming life tips to resolve all of my recent issues.) And started on translating it might be an interesting activity too. Just how to translate "SUMO" I don't know. We'll see.

沒有留言: