28.5.10

A Design A Day - Day 14: Love of the Cross

A great friend of my mom's, Aunt Bai, gave me a few of her old jewelries to renovate. This is not a commission though, she just gave them to me! She also advised that I could design a few cross pendants, since even non-believers seem to be fans of it.

So, I'm going to take the beautiful pearl with pink luster from the old pin, and incorporate it in a cross pendant design, and give it back to Aunt Bai! :-)
























Love on the Cross Pendant, Pearl with 14k Yellow Gold. Sketch by Christina Yu.

The other cross pendant is designed for a younger group like myself. Simple cross motif with the red coral bead from the old flower brooch, with "Love Never Fails." verse (1 Cor 13:8) in the chain. The inspiration of the chain came from "Star by Yun" Lover's B.S. necklaces . But I'm using Truth of Love instead.




























Truth of Love Cross Pendant, Coral Bead with 14k Yellow Gold. Sketch by Christina Yu.

1 John 3:16 - This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.

Posted via email from shuanshuan's posterous

沒有留言: